Business Succession & Estate Planning
Sometimes it is difficult to think of your business going on without you. That feeling—that passion—you have for your business is the reason that planning for a transition in ownership is so complicated but necessary. Succession planning is the intersection of many disciplines, including legal, tax, accounting and financial. The collaboration and initiative required to successfully navigate through the process is where Lacy Katzen excels.
Who will take over? What does the business need now? And years from now?
In equal measure, our attorneys consider not only the business itself, the financial security of the owners, and the potential successors, but the future success of the business and all its stakeholders in a continuously changing marketplace. Our expertise in areas such as estate and income tax planning, and our experience in dealing with emotionally sensitive challenges such as children with varying degrees of talent and interest in the business, spouses, second spouses and other family concerns, helps us take passion-filled situations and turn them into plans for long-term success.
Related Practice Areas
- Analysis & Preparation of Shareholder, Operating, Partnership & Other Ownership Agreements
- Analysis & Restructuring of Assets to Meet Client Objectives
- Developing a Transition Plan for Business Succession, Including Assets, Ownership & Control
- Establish & Restructure Business Entities
- Estate & Trust Administration
- Estate Planning
- Income, Estate & Gift Tax Analysis
- Family LLC & Partnership Formation
- Planning for Identifying Successors
- Business Valuation, Structure & Discount Planning