Business and Banking Attorney
Craig Welch is the Managing Partner of the law firm and Chair of our Corporate, Business and Banking Law Practice Group. He has been practicing law for more than 35 years, and represents clients who have diverse legal needs that typically involve issues from a variety of practice areas. In representing his clients, Craig is able to provide his business and individual clients with a high level of counseling due to his extensive experience in so many areas of the law. He is also the resident attorney at our Canandaigua office.
Corporate, Business and Banking Services
Craig is the current Chair of the department and counsels business owners in addressing the many legal issues facing business owners.
- Formation and organization of corporations, partnerships, limited liability companies, limited partnerships, professional service corporations and not-for-profit organizations
- Business counseling
- Commercial lending transactions and loan restructuring
- Equipment lease financing
- Shareholders agreements, buy-sell agreements and stock redemptions
- Capital acquisition and financing
- Contracts, leases and other related issues
- Business acquisitions, mergers and liquidations
- Employment issues
Real Estate and Related Services
Craig is experienced in handling and advising clients in all aspects of real estate, real estate development and related transactions, whether it is residential or commercial, on behalf of individuals and businesses.
- Commercial and Purchase, Residential sale and refinancing transactions
- Contract Preparation
- Homeowners Associations, CPS-7, and other filings with the NY Attorney General
- Lease Agreements
- Zoning and Planning
- Subdivision and Land Development
Wills, Estates and Personal Planning
In representing individuals and business owners, Craig represents clients in developing a comprehensive estate plan, meeting the needs and objectives of the clients.
- Wills, trusts, succession planning
- Powers of Attorneys
- Health Care Proxies and Living Wills
- Revocable and Irrevocable Trusts
- Standby Guardianships
- Estate Probate and Administration
- Elder Law and Medicaid Issues
Other Legal Services
Craig’s familiarity with the legal issues in other areas of law helps him counsel clients when they are affected by other areas of law:
- Criminal Law
- Corporate and Business Law
- Civil Litigation (including personal injury matters)
- Debt Collection
- Municipal Law
- General Legal Counsel
Professional and Community Affiliations
Member of the Monroe County Bar Association.
Member of the Ontario County Bar.
Member of the New York State Bar Association.
Finger Lakes Community College Foundation – Chair of the Board of Directors.
Board of Directors for the Dennis Morga Memorial Fund.
- University of Puget Sound (now Seattle University) (J.D., 1979)
- St. Lawrence University (B.A., 1976)
- New York State Bar
- U.S. District Court, Western District of New York
Craig resides in the Town of Mendon with his wife and his three children (when they are home). He enjoys his family, all sports, the family cottage in Canada and the practice of law!