Estate, Gift & Income Tax Planning
Estate, gift and income tax planning involves changing tax laws, tax rates, exemption amounts and the temporary nature of certain tax provisions. Our elder law attorneys help clients build elder law/Medicaid plans to identify and minimize estate, gift and income taxes within their overall planning objectives.
Our services include:
- Identifying and organizing existing assets, including life insurance proceeds, IRAs or other retirement benefits, jointly owned property and assets with transfer-on-death registrations
- Navigating various state and federal estate, income, fiduciary and gift tax laws and tax rates
- Minimizing estate tax exposure
- Establishing estate planning documents and asset structures, which consider the current and pending changes to the estate tax rules
- Consulting with client’s existing trusted tax professionals to review, explain and partner in achieving the most efficient tax benefit